New York state has the fourth largest Hispanic population in the country, with a whopping 3.6 million Hispanic residents. Here are a few fast facts about the Hispanic population in the Empire State:
- Over 2.4 million Hispanic people live in New York City. That accounts for one-quarter of the city’s total population and two-thirds of the state’s total Hispanic population.
- New York Hispanics make up 10 percent of the nationwide $1.7 trillion Hispanic buying power. That equals $170 billion dollars that Hispanic New Yorkers contribute to the economic buying climate.
- The Hispanic population makes up 19 percent of the total population in the state of New York. That’s the ninth-largest Hispanic population share for a state on a nationwide level.
- The Bronx has the highest percentage of Hispanic residents at 56 percent. This part of New York City has experienced continual growth of 2.4 percent from 2010 and its expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
- The population growth for the Hispanic/Latino community exceeded that of the overall population from 2000 to 2019, largely due to declines among the white population.
These facts make New York State, and NYC in particular, a perfect place for Hispanic advertising. With the population continuing to grow, what are you going to do?
Contact me to find out…
Adam Dennis, SurgeMetrix